Monday, April 6, 2009
For Whom the Southern Bell Tolls
I don't really know what to write about this play except that I didn't really like it that much. That's probably because I didn't read the play that goes along with it. So, I'm just going to blog about who I think is the most trapped and why. While I think they are all trapped in different ways, I think Tom is the most trapped because he tries to "escape" by going to work all day and then going to the movies at night but is never free from his home responsibilities. He can't do this though because Amanda keeps bringing him back to help with Lawrence and to stay around the house to keep her sane. As a result of her sanity, he is becoming more and more trapped. I would tell him to keep trying to have his own life and not always listen to Amanda.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment