While in class today I thought of another
English I use -
abbreviations. It first started out as a joke. My friend and I would make fun of our other friend who always spoke in abbreviations, but then I got used to talking like that and now do it all the time. In the beginning I hated it but now I talk in abbreviations probably every day. I definitely would not talk like that in a school or professional setting or when I am meeting someone for the first time because I do not want to sound stupid or ditsy. Normally I talk in abbreviations, or abbreevs, only around my friends. Some of my friends don't like it and refuse to answer me when I'm talking to them in abreevs, but I can't help it anymore. I used to be able to turn it on and off easily because I was only making fun of my friend, but now it's hard to stop once I get started. I can make an abbreviation of almost any word but here's a small list of some of the words I abbreev:
Libs= library
Mortz= Morton Hall
Lutz=Leutze Hall
Dobes= Dobo Hall
Cam= Cameron Hall
Wags= Wagoner
Stoop=Stupid
Alc=Alcohol
Vod=Vodka
Obvi=Obviously
Def= Definitely
Probs= Probably
Anyways, that's just a small list of abbreviations I use when I'm speaking in abreevs!
No comments:
Post a Comment