Monday, November 16, 2009

Gossip Girl Ad

The ad I chose to analyze was one for the CW t.v. show "Gossip Girl." It's one of my favorite shows and I think the ad says a lot about American media and culture today. I think the ads are very racy and provocative. It shows two couples making out and getting hot and heavy with the caption "OMFG" which stands for "oh my fucking god" in like computer/texting lingo. This ad is directed toward teenage women, the primary viewers of the show. Basically, this ad is selling sex and saying that the new season will be filled with sex and all the drama that goes along with it, meaning it will be a really juicy season with lots of twists. When I see this ad, it makes me want to watch Gossip Girl because it is such a good show. Today, it's amazing how much company's can get away with when they are advertising their product. This ad is pretty racy, but at least relates a little bit to the product. I really like this ad because it teases the viewer about what to expect in the upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment