

I was looking up interesting facts about North Carolina so I would have something to blog about and so that I could hopefully learn some cool stuff. I found out that North Carolina is home to the first miniature golf course. It was built in Fayetteville, NC. That's pretty cool because like everyone plays miniature golf when they're a kid and take trips to the beach or something. I always liked miniature golf, but never actually cared or thought about where it originated from.Also, Babe Ruth hit his first professional home run in Fayetteville, NC on March 7, 1914. I think that is pretty interesting too because he's like a major influence in baseball and had his first home run in North Carolina. This website also made me realize that Fayetteville is pretty cool. I've never actually been, but I know a bunch of people from there and I always thought it was some small country town (bu t I think that about most towns in North Carolina). Some other interesting facts I found were The General Assembly of 1987 adopted milk as the official state beverage, and North Carolina is the largest producer of sweet potatoes in the nation. I thought this was cool because I didn't know we grew potatoes in North Carolina, I thought they like grew in the Midwest or something. Also, one of my friends loves sweet potatoes so it's a relevant fact for me to know. By looking up these facts I realized that North Carolina is actually a pretty cool place.

No comments:
Post a Comment