
I do not agree with the French “veil law” ban in public schools because I do not think it is that big a deal to wear a headscarf. If it is part of someone’s faith and does not interfere with the lives of others, then they should be able to express their religion in whichever way they choose. Wearing a veil does not harm anyone, so I don’t believe it should be banned from public schools. It is an integral part of the Muslim religion, and women who wear the headscarf are showing respect to the religion.
I agree with the French “veil law” in public schools because it allows people to be uniformed in a public setting. It will eliminate any prejudices people have against Muslims who wear the headscarf. It also liberates women and does not oppress them because it does not force them to cover up. Wearing the headscarf is not because of religious choice, but because of social pressures, and by eliminating this social pressure, women will be able to be “free” individuals rather than oppressed by religion.

No comments:
Post a Comment