
Topic: Halloween
Growing up in Chapel Hill, I would go to Franklin St. for Halloween. Ever since like sophomore year of high school I would go to Franklin St. So for four years I have spent my Halloween on Franklin St. It's really fun and anyone who hasn't been, needs to go. Except over the past years they are trying to cut back on the amount of outsiders and trying to calm it down. This hasn't really worked. Actually, last year they kicked everyone off the streets at I think 2am by having cop cars drive up and down the street. Also, last year my night was kind of weird, and not in a good way. Luckily, I didn't get in trouble and I think the cops in Chapel Hill are really stupid. I don't want to like condone and brag about underage drinking, but it's not a secret and everyone does it, we're in college. Anyway, there were cops checking bags when you approached Franklin. I had a water bottle with vodka in it and the cop told me he needed to check it. He smelled it and it was clearly alcohol. He gave it back to me and then told me I had to throw away my unopened can of sunkist. It was unopened and sunkist, yet he made me throw it away and keep the alcohol. I was already pretty drunk or else I would've probably walked away and found another way on to the street. I was lucky I didn't get in trouble though. Later in the night I got separated somehow from my firends. When trying to call them, my phone died. I was drunk, alone, and phoneless on Franklin St. on Halloween. It was not fun. I was wandering along wondering whether to ask a cop for a ride home or just try and walk, even though I didn't want to because it was night. Luckily I found my roommate, Hanna and my friend Michael and stayed with them for the rest of the night.
This year I am going to ECU. I hear it's crazy there. My brother and best friend go there so it will hopefully be a lot of fun! There are huge frat parties and then you can go downtown or whatever if you want. Also, Halloween is on a Saturday, so that gives us Friday to party at ECU also. I like going to ECU. I haven't been during the school year but I went in the summer because I knew a lot of people taking summer classes there and it was a lot of fun. The only problem is that I don't know what to be. I think I am going to be something with my friend, but we don't know what to be. We were thinking vampires because of Twilight, but I don't know if anyone will get that, and the vampire costumes they have are hideous. Also, the vampires in Twilight don't dress weird, they just have pale skin and vamp teeth. SO, if anyone has any ideas for a good halloween costume, then please let me know! thanks!

No comments:
Post a Comment