Thursday, October 29, 2009
My Language
After taking the time to think about the words I use, I've realized that I probably sound like a complete ditz when I talk. I use the words "k, like, so, yeah, and uh" a lot. I always talk in abreevs (as I talked about in the "My Englishes" assignment) too. Also, I usually take the g of the endings of words ending in "-ing". For example goin, doin, eatin, walkin, etc. I have used the sentence, "k, so, like uh where are we goin later?". I usually try and only talk this informally around my friends or people I am familiar with, not like teachers and stuff. My parents used to get kinda mad when I said the word like so I've cut back on it quite a bit. Some of my friends make fun of me for speaking in abbrevs and tell me that I sound like an idiot, but now I can't really help it. Some words just sound better abreeved then actually said the right way. For example, "I'm goin to the libs "(pronounced libes) sounds better than "I am going to the library" to me. Basically, I speak very informally and abbreviated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment